1. What personal information we collect and how will it be used?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact information, including title, name, postal and email addresses, telephone numbers
- Business information, such as employer details from our business guests.
- Transaction information including payment details and reservations details and booking details.
- Forms – we ask for information from you regarding a booking when you fill in a form on our website including information necessary to fulfill special requests. We also ask you to confirm your registration form when you arrive including your room and other preferences.
- Guest stay information – dates of your stay, parking, goods and services purchased; also when you contact us by email, phone or via the website we keep a record of the correspondence.
- Best Western Rewards® loyalty program member information and member number. For further information see Best Western Rewards.
- Guest Communication preferences.
- Feedback – we may ask you to complete optional surveys via BW Medallia for research purposes.
- Website visits – we use the details of your visits to our site including any pages you may access.
- CCTV we operate CCTV and card key security systems.
2. We collect Personal Information through:
- Our website.
- Reservations and from any third parties booking with the Palace including Online Travel Agents like Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com etc.
- Social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- When you otherwise voluntarily provide it to us, including in connection with Best Western Rewards loyalty program.
3. We may use the information for the following purposes:
We use the data we collect to provide an experience and service that is responsive to guests needs and individuals interacting with our website. We may collect, use and disclose personal data for one of the following purposes:
- To fulfill reservation requests, we will use the data you or a third party has supplied to us on your behalf to secure your reservation; and for administration and management of room and restaurant bookings at the hotel.
- Administrative and communications to send you information regarding our website or administrative information (eg. reservation confirmations or cancellations, or all pre-stay and post stay emails, or any information about your reservation).
- Sending you marketing communications to inform you of products, services, events and special offers that might be of interest to you. We always offer you the opportunity to decline to receive some or all of these communications every time we send them or update your preferences.
- Administration and management of our competitions and other marketing or promotional activities. We ask you for certain personal data when you enter or participate in such a promotion, and if applicable win a prize, we use such data to administer that promotion. Your participation in any such promotions is voluntary and you should review the rules, it is your choice to disclose your personal data, promotion rules will clearly state that participation will involve the winners name being disclosed.
- To conduct or facilitate surveys and to ask for your responses to questionnaires in order to provide better products and services to guests and site visitors. Surveys completion is voluntary.
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting.
- Correspondence between us, including where you complete the “Contact us Form”
4. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far this is in line with applicable data protection laws):
- To Best Western and to service providers for the purposes outlined above;
- A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Cookies & Visitors to our Website
We take security of any personal information we hold very seriously. Where necessary, and in common with other websites, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can view when the SSL symbol in your web browser it is the small “padlock” symbol in the status bar of your web browser. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
7. Direct marketing
We would like to keep you informed of Palace Hotel news and offers by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means. If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
8. Access to and updating your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us below.
10. How to contact us:
Website Support, Palace Milton Hotel & Spa, 8 Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5NG.
This site is operated by Milton Hotels Limited (company number SC136639 and VAT 267 2397 31), registered office is 8 Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5NG.