The Highlands of Scotland are a great big play park for families of all ages. Whether it is time on a beach, exploring Castles or running off some energy at Whin Park here are just a few suggestions for you.
- Take the family on a Cruise on Loch Ness by Jacobite – do some good old fashioned Nessie spotting!
- Fantastic fun for all see Landmark Forest Theme Park, only a short drive from Inverness and you will find a fantastic adventurous day out. The winner of Visit Scotland’s Perfect Family Day out award. A huge range of activities for all ages including: WildWater Raft Slide, Ropeworx, Tree Tops Walks, The Runaway Train family coaster, Steam powered Sawmill and so much more.
- Try a day out on a boat Dolphin spotting on the Moray Firth see Pheonix Cruises.
- If your family like Highland History there are 3 attractions they must visit Cawdor Castle (walks, trails and gardens), spectacular Fort George and Culloden Battlefield.
- Robertsons Larder and Kids Farm just outside Beauly with a Kids farm too!
- Hardmuir Fruit Farm – located close to Nairn it is open from June to Dec with a Farm Food Shop and a Pick your own fruit and veg. Picnic tables for nibbling on the fruit you’ve just picked.
- For dramatic highland landscapes visit Cairngorm National Park and take the family up the Mountain Railway.
- In Aviemore have a go on the Strathspey Steam Railway – great fun for a day trip out they do a selection of trips throughout the year.
- If your kids live animals check out the wildlife at Highland Wildlife Park or the Black Isle Wildlife Park.
- For outdoor adventures there are Boots & Paddles, Loch Insch and Ace Adventures near Aviemore.
- One not to miss is the refurbished Highland Folk Museum at Newtonmore.
- Afternoon of easy family fun get on the bus with Inverness Sightseeing the hop on and off bus.
- You could even take a trip to Orkney from Inverness during the summer all in 1 day with John O’Groats Ferry Inverness to Orkney.
- Download your free Palace Visitor Attractions Guide for lots more local ideas from trampoline parks to soft play!
Enjoy the Beaches around the Moray Firth…
Pack the buckets and spades or just go out to stretch your legs there are miles of sandy beaches to enjoy. Or pebbled beaches round the Black Isle to go Dolphin Spotting! To help you plan your day out here are some great links to local Beaches including Nairn Beaches, Rosemarkie Beach, Dornoch Beach and Moray & Findhorn Beaches. At the Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa we are always willing to pack our guests a picnic to make their day out more memorable. For more information download the Visitor Attractions Guide.