Stay with Confidence
We are delighted that you’re looking to stay at the Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa and we are now open. We are looking forward to welcoming you when you return. Here is an introduction to the plans for your next stay. Rest assured your enjoyment is at the heart of these plans, along with the best of care to look after you and the hotel team as travel returns.
Working with Best Western UK and the British Accommodation Quality Kitemark programme, Visit Scotland’s “We’re Good to Go” certification & AA Covid-19 Confident, these plans can give you the confidence to book and stay here at the Inverness Palace. When the UK government quality guidance is updated we will update these plans so you know what to expect during your stay. In line with Scottish Government advice please wear your own face mask or face covering when you are moving around the hotel, in the restaurant, and Brasserie, when seated for dining or in the leisure club you may remove it. You will find the team here doing the same, it’s our new normal but it doesn’t mean we’ve stopped smiling.
We hope over the coming months your love of being outside brings you many new experiences in the beautiful Scottish Highlands. You’ll find the scenery, history and welcome as stunning and friendly as it always has been.
Read the 3 key parts below:
- British Quality Kite marked Standards & Procedures for the Team
- Visit Scotland “We’re Good to Go” Certification
- Enjoying your Stay at the Palace
- Start with your Easy Direct Booking
- Simple Guide to Frequent Asked Questions
- Download: Stay with Confidence Guide at the Palace Hotel & Spa
- The new £750k+ refurbishment completed in March 2020 including Leisure Club & Spa link to Sleep and Gallery.
- Leisure Club is now Open with physical distancing and enhanced hygiene (please note the steam room is closed).
British Quality Kitemarked Standards & Procedures for the Team
The recognised accredited standards and procedures have been rolled out to all team members at the Palace and incorporated into all service offerings to deliver excellent friendly hospitality with enhanced hygiene practice
Clean & Safe Hotel Standards
It is safe to say we have always loved cleaning; it is such an important part of delivering a high quality hotel service. We are now working in the following ways to enhance and meet recognised standards:
- Free sanitisation stations for you and all team members to use at main arrival points including wipes for you to clean your phone, digital devices or credit card.
- Plus we’ve installed more than 20 auto dispensing hand gel stations outside every lift, entrance door and leisure club for you to use.
- Discreet Perspex screens at Reception, Bar and Leisure Club reception.
- For hard surfaces such as door handles, locks and keys, a minimum 70% alcohol is used.
- Areas including Reception, Lounges, Bar, Dining areas, corridors, staircases, lifts, conference rooms and offices are cleaned at regular intervals and as required.
- We have additional checks at all levels in Food Service from the kitchen to service. All kitchen team food service wear masks, gloves and hairnets at all times.
- All food service team members wear masks and gloves.
- All housekeeping team members wear aprons, masks, visors and gloves
- All team members are trained in the enhanced hygiene standards and procedures required during their time at work.
- Some team members are working from home and all team members are socially distanced when at work.
- All team members participate in a daily start screening process prior to work and are trained in how to help a guest or colleague should they need to.
Tell us what you think?
Your feedback is important to us. Please tell us during your stay if you think we are doing something well or an area you think we could improve – we will act on all feedback. Thank you for reading this update and we wish you a relaxing and enjoyable stay here at the Palace.
Enjoying your Stay at the Palace
Quality Kitemark Measures
At the Palace, our team will be delivering the Best Western British Kitemark quality programme for Clean & Safe hotel stays which meets the latest government guidelines so that you can enjoy happy, relaxed and enjoyable stay here at the newly refurbished Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa. The Palace is also certified “We’re Good to Go” by Visit Scotland.
- Check in online – for a smooth arrival at the Palace, we will collect your email when you book and send you details.
- New discrete Perspex screens have been installed at reception so you can safely talk to the team.
- New social distancing signage and measures are in place to help manage guests arriving at the same time.
- Online Guest Directory and Messaging – brand new online guest directory and QR code will be sent prior to arrival so it’s fast and quick. You can also contact us via the Guest Directory using our new interactive messaging service Tawk.Tu or if you prefer WhatsApp for any in-room service or dining requests. Your pre-arrival welcome email and your arrival pack will have the details.
- You will receive a sanitised key in an envelope, with a welcome letter, menus, new online guest directory and information on the new Tawk.Tu messaging Service or WhatsApp.
- Free sanitisation station for your use at main arrival points, plus we’ve installed more than 20 auto dispensing hand gel stations outside every lift, entrance door and leisure club for you to use.
- Windows – all our bedroom windows do open at the Palace, you can air your room as and when you like. On departure please leave your window open.
- Doors – including fire doors are fitted with electronic door hold catches to minimise touch points.
- Following the kite-marked cleaning programme we have reduced touch points around the hotel and in your room to meet the standards.
- Final bills will be emailed or What’s App’d to you on your last night – so any queries can be addressed prior to departure.
- You can drop your keys in the express check out drop box in reception.New Handgel sanitisation points at key touch points
- Every bedroom is deep cleaned, as it always has been after each stay with additional care to key touch points. Public areas and corridors are sanitised at regular intervals and when necessary.
- All Guest and Public Areas – will be cleaned using food safe and environmentally friendly persistent action cleaning materials.
- Valet Car Parking – when you have stayed before you will know we offered valet parking. However, this has been temporarily withdrawn and full parking options will be sent to you prior to arrival.
Dining with a River and Castle View
Dine with Confidence here at the Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa. Please take time to read how you can make the most of your dining experiences when you’re here at the Inverness Palace and enjoy a great experience whilst social distancing. Here’s what to expect:
- You will be asked to reserve all dining experiences in advance.
- You will be asked to pre-order all breakfast dining options – more details Dine with Confidence.
- Any queues will be at the appropriate social distance.
- You can dine with your household or up to 6 people from 2 households.
- Bar Service will be from behind screens with collection points and table service. We will never hand items to you directly.
Breakfast – is always a great event at the Palace and even though times have changed you can still enjoy a great hot Scottish breakfast. You can also choose from Eight on the River dining or Grab & Go. All breakfast options have to be pre-ordered in advance and offer Hot Breakfast options. Find out more here Dine with Confidence.
Dining – will be spread out to include Eight on the River and the Brasserie, both have been adjusted, to create a larger space with tables suitably distanced.
Friendly Service to your Room
- You will be able to enjoy room service without a tray charge and you can use Palace Tawk.Tu messaging service to order your delicious dinner from the new Brasserie style dinner menu.
- Plus you can order bar drinks via Tawk.Tu too!
- All room service will be placed outside your room to collect and you can message Reception when it is ready to be collected from outside your room.
- Brasserie & Eight on the River restaurant are open on new service times and the personalised menus in your welcome pack.
- Room service will be delivered to your door, with team members stepping back to maintain social distancing. All used crockery should be placed outside your room door for collection by a member of the team once you have finished and you can message Reception when it is ready to be collected from outside your room.
Your Stay – Clean & Safe
- The Quality Kitemark means we are focusing on key touch points with extra disinfection of items and areas frequently touched including light switches, door handles, TV remotes, telephones, taps and all surfaces.
- The Guest Folder has been removed so please use the Palace Online directory instead – you will receive this in your pre-stay email.
- We have also removed all stationery, pencils and magazines – all are available on request.
- The all-important tea & coffee tray will be replenished and cleaned after each guest so all items will be wrapped and single use. In the interests of the environment we encourage to you to bring your own reusable cup.
- In your bathroom you will find newly installed antibacterial soap dispensers for your use – remember to bring your favourite toiletries with you.
- Housekeeping team will be discreet with fresh linens and towels left outside your room on request during your stay or a full room service is available on request.
Relaxing Stay – choosing how you pay
- All payments during your stay can be charged to your room or paid by card.
- On arrival a pre-authorisation of £80 per night of your stay will be held on your credit or debit card.
- We will send you your bill the night before departure by email or What’s App. If your bill balance is within the pre-authorised amount held on your card we will not disturb you and will collect this automatically.
- Ideally our preferred methods of payments are electronic but we do accept cash. We also accept Apple, Google & Samsung Pay which have no contactless limit.
Palace Leisure Club & Spa
- Now Open – we started working on a stunning refurbishment of the Palace Leisure Club in January 2020. You can enjoy the brand new and contemporary pool environment as soon as possible.
- As you will understand the club changing rooms will also have to meet the guidelines, so to help with social distancing they may be temporarily closed and we may ask you to change in your bedroom. A little bit of advance planning please bring with you some beach wear perhaps a sun dress, t-shirt & shorts, flip flops something you feel comfortable whilst making your way to and from the Club.
- An advance booking system is in place you are offered 4 45 minute daily swimming slot or 1hr in the gym. Online booking tool coming soon.
- SPA – NOW OPEN – Sleeping Beauty Spa is now open see Spa for more details.
Start with your Easy Direct Booking
Your benefits of booking direct – in this world of third party intermediaries when you book direct with the Palace team you will have a clear, easy and honest booking process.
- Best rate guaranteed – beautiful new Classic Double Room refurbished March 2020
- NEW – loyalty bonus’s on arrival as you have booked direct!
- Chance to Win – you are automatically entered into the monthly competition draw to win back the full cost of your stay! Only when you book direct at the Palace.
- No nonsense – when you book direct we are here for you and we will make it easy! There are no 3rd parties involved, no endless phone calls, online help forms or forums when you need to make a change so call us 01463223243 or email Palace.
Fully Flexible & Advance Purchase Options
We understand your plans can change, to help you we have made just a few changes too:
- Fully Flexible rate – you can book and stay on this offer and can cancel or modify your stay until 24hrs prior to arrival.
- New Advance Purchase rates – available on all direct bookings and most seasonal offers, the new advance purchase rates provide great savings and superb flexibility.
- Save up to 10% compared to the fully flexible rate.
- Cancel or modify your direct advance purchase booking up to 48hrs prior to arrival.
- Payment will be taken within 48hrs of your stay date.
- Please note only available for advance purchase bookings made with the Palace Hotel reception team or Palace Seasonal offers using Palace promotion codes.
- Online Travel Agent terms and 3rd party advance purchase terms will vary.
- The Unexpected – like you, we hope there isn’t a second lockdown but if one happens, first your booking is safe. You could transfer it to another date and we’d work out if any rate refunds or top up payments would be needed. Second if you can’t find a date that suits we will refund any deposit taken.
Simple Guide to Frequent Questions
|Temperature Checks||No, if unwell thermometer can be provided.||Yes*|
|Social Distancing – in line with government guidelines||Yes, there may be some social distance queuing required at points.||Yes*|
|Hand Sanitising Stations||Yes, there are +20 points throughout the hotel for guests and employee use||Yes*|
|Signage and Information||Yes – signage throughout the hotel, electronic Guest Directory and guest messaging service||Yes*|
|PPE||Scottish Government requires face masks/ coverings are worn in all areas of the hotel including up to the point of being seated for dining or in the leisure club or spa. This is part of the FACTS guideline. Please bring a face mask or covering with you to wear when you stay.||Yes*|
|Pre-Arrival||Yes – Pre arrival guest emails and Online check in as detailed above.||No|
|Welcome & Screens||Reception team is always available to help you behind clear Perspex screens. Other mobile screens and visors will be used.||Yes*|
|Arrival||Welcome letter on arrival as detailed above along with online messenger service and payment taken before arrival along with a holding balance on the card.||–|
|Lift Use||Family Groups or one household at a time||Yes*|
|Guest Rooms||Guest Rooms will be clean and sanitised ready for your arrival.||–|
|Housekeeping||Team will be discreet with fresh linens and towels left outside your room on request during your stay or a full room service is available on request||Yes*|
|Guest Rooms – Open Window on Departure||Please can you open your bedroom window when you depart.||Yes*|
|Guest Check out||On departure you will be offered Online Checkout as detailed above.||–|
|Guest Room Recovery||Yes, should you become unwell you will be asked to stay in your room and follow the guidance from NHS or “111”. After departure the guestroom will be closed for 72hrs. Then thoroughly cleaned using enhanced Electrostatic cleaning procedure before being checked and returned to service.||Yes*|
‘* denotes included as part of a Team Members standard operating procedures and daily work procedures.