Whether you love New Year resolutions or loathe them. Make your 2018 New Year Resolution to discover Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands. More than a resolution, an escape that will make your year brighter and create memories to last a lifetime.
Make your 2018 New Year Resolution to Discover Inverness
- Perhaps you want to Explore and Travel in 2018. Then Discover Inverness and stay with us at the Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa. You can Explore Loch Ness. Try and spot our famous friend the Loch Ness Monster or as we know her “Nessie”. Discover in style with a Loch Ness Cruise with Jacobite Cruises. Combine Nessie spotting with a taste of history and explore the magnificent ruins of Urquhart Castle. Urquhart Castle was once one of Scotland’s largest castles and has an excellent visitor center. If you are after more historic input then we suggest visiting Cawdor Castle with its Shakespearean literary connection to MacBeth. Cawdor Castle dates from the late 14th century, there is so much to take in! You can tour the Castle, explore the gardens including the walled garden. Plus the kids will have fun exploring in the Big Wood. Step back in time and visit Culloden Battlefield, make sure to visit this historic site where the Jacobite rising of 1745 was crushed as well as the hopes of Bonnie Prince Charlie! If that isn’t enough then make time to discover Fort George. Fort George is the largest Fort in Britain if not Europe. It was created by George II to prevent another Jacobite uprising! Its garrison buildings, artillery defences and superb collection of arms provide a fascinating insight into 18th century military life.
- Did you resolve to get fit in 2018? A new year and a new you. Take it easy and start with the Inverness Half Marathon on 11th March 2018. Then you can enter the Loch Ness Etape on Sunday 29th April 2018. The Etape is a fantastic challenge on an exciting closed road route. Taking riders around the stunning shores of the iconic Loch Ness with unrivalled scenery. The chance to cycle 66miles and a 900m ascent on traffic free roads. If you have the running bug then don’t miss the world famous Baxters Loch Ness Marathon on Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- Did you resolve to Learn a new Craft?: Loch Ness Knit Fest returns 19th to 21st October 2018. A chance for all yarn and craft addicts from across to come together. To stitch, shop and share in an inspiring Highland setting. Loch Ness Knit Fest HQ is based at Eden Court Theatre. Which is only a short walk from the Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa.
- Do you just wanted to see a great show, or artist? Make your 2018 New Year Resolution reality and Escape to Inverness & See
- Hair Spray the London Stage production at Eden Court Theater from 5th to 10th Feb 2018
- Inverness Music Festival, various venues across the city from 24th Feb to 7th March
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac are [laying in inverness 0n 1st April 2018
- Inverness Highland Games at Bught Park on Saturday 21st 2018
- Little Mix at Bught park Inverness minutes from the Palace Hotel & Spa 29th July 2018
- KT Tunstall, Simple Minds and The Pretenders 8th September 2018
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival Get your tickets, festival kicks off 2nd to 4th August 2018
Take some time for yourself in 2018, stay at the Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa. Book your January Sale Escape or check out our Seasonal Specials. Enjoy free car parking, free Wi-Fi and don’t forget the lovely leisure club, enjoy splash in the pool! Prices from £34.95pppn based on 2 sharing a classic room. Remember #bookdirect for your best offers. Call our reservations team on 01463 22 32 43 or email us at Palace and let the fun begin. We would like to thank Gordon Bain of Longhouse Photography for this lovely image of Inverness. Gordon’s work can be viewed on here on his Facebook page.