18 Sparkling Inverness Spring Summer Events for you to love, share and enjoy! Spring is here and Summer sunshine beckons. We wanted to keep you up to date with all the spring and summer events on offer in Inverness. Stay with us at the Inverness Palace Hotel and Spa and enjoy a sparkling Summer break in the Scottish Highlands! We have compiled a list of fab Inverness Spring Summer events the you won’t want to miss!
18 Sparkling Inverness Spring Summer Events
Spring Summer Concerts & Festivals
- Loch Ness Garden Party returns. Discover the great “OutDores” at this fab Inverness Spring Event. This intimate club event will hit all the right notes this Spring. You will enjoy some of the best club music, in a beautiful setting on the shores of Loch Ness at Dores beach. Your chance to dance the night on the breathtaking shores of Loch Ness under the stars. Your party starts 28th April 1300 till 2200. Headline act Bradley Zero, check out this link for more info.
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Eden Court Theater Inverness, Monday 7th to Saturday 12th May, don’t miss this fantastic show. The Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa is only a short walk to Eden Court! It is an ideal place to have a pre theater dinner or indulge in a post theater cocktail in our brand new brasserie and bar. Make a night of it and stay with us.
- An Audience With… Ian Waite & Oti Mabuse – Rhythm of the Night– Eden Court – Wed 6th June, a fabulous night of great music and dance. We hope you have a ticket to this show and its only a few minutes walk from the hotel reception.
- Pipe Band Championship– Forres – Sat 30th June. The Highlands biggest piping event, the European Pipe Band Championships, will return to the stunning setting of Grant Park, Forres on 30 June 2018.
- Little Mix– Bught Park – Sun 29th July. This all girl group has sold out stadiums around the globe and now they are coming to Inverness!! Make sure you have a ticket only minutes from the Palace Hotel.
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival– Belladrum Estate – Thur 2nd – Sat 4th August. This year the festival will be headlined by Paloma Faith, Primal Scream, Amy MacDonald, The Charlatans and Professor Green to name a few of the many artists. A fantastic weekend in wait for those lucky enough to have ticket.
- Groove Loch Ness– Clune Farm – Saturday 18th August Date. Once again Groove Loch Ness will transform the world famous location into one large night club under the stars!
- Grandslam Summer Tour– Northern Meeting Park – Sat 8th September. Global icons Simple Minds and The Pretenders will be on stage together for the first time since Live Aid. They will be joined on stage by special guest star KT Tunstall. A magnificent musical event definitely one not too miss!
Spring Summer Activities For All the Family
- NEWS: Cawdor Castle Reopens 28th April. This fabulous castle reopens for a new season. Cawdor Castle is much more than just a castle it is magnificent! There is too much to see and do, you will have to go back
- Etape Loch Ness 2018, a truly memorable experience either as a rider or as a spectator watching the scenery and 900m ascent challenge even the best amongst the field. This fabulous 66 mile cycling event around Loch Ness on a breathtaking closed circuit isn’t for the faint hearted. Competition or spectator you will enjoy amazing scenery from start to finish in Inverness. Put Sunday 29th April 2018 in your diary!
- Inverness Science Festival, from 27th April to 12th May across the Highlands. Saturday 5th May is one of the festival highlights with the family Fun Day. A fun day out out with a chance to delve into the world of Science.
- Inverness Classic Vehicle Show, back for its 10th year on 12th May. This free family friendly event celebrates vintage and classic vehicles from across the eras. The Inverness streets are lined with these fabulous vehicles, street entertainers and live music add to the atmosphere! Don’t miss the Finale Parade at 1500 led by Norcon Pipe Band!
- Inverness Highland Games– Bught Park – 11am on Saturday 21st July. The games were founded in 1822 and are one of the most spectacular traditional gatherings staged in Scotland. The games are one of the highlights of the Inverness Summer calendar and are located in the heart of the city.
- Loch Ness Film Festival– Inverness – Friday 27th & Saturday 28th July. The first ever Loch Ness Film Festival debuted September 2010 at various venues. We screened everything from shorts, features, documentaries to established previously released films at the box office. The range of films we screen are diverse and can come from every corner of the globe to just somebody around the corner from where we live and to somebody with no budget to someone with high budgets and funding. The Loch Ness Film Festival for the 3rd time we will be awarding ‘”The Nessie Awards”. The awards for films selected by Scottish based Movie news and review site MovieScramble for Best Short Film & Best Comedy & Best Micro shorts now including films under 5 minutes long.
- Black Isle Show– Mannsfield Showground – Wednesday 1st & Thursday 2nd August. The Black Isle Show is the largest agricultural show in the north, and it’s a great day out for all the family too. This year’s event is over and will return on August 1 and 2. It’s a family day out and not just for farmers! There’s a whole host of things to see and do that make the Black Isle Show a great day out for families.
- Inverness ComicCon– 25-26th August at Inverness Ice Centre. NessCon was created to fill the void for Highland Comic lovers and Sci-Fi fanatics, who normally must travel 3 plus hours to attend events further down south in the Central Belt and further afield. Our goal is to bring together fans of all ages and types, whether you appreciate comics with the story and the art that goes with it, or your more involved in TV series and films.
- Scottish Salmon Festival– Bught Park – September Date more details TBC.
Stay With Us
Come & experience these Sparkling Inverness Spring & Summer Events! The sunshine beckons make your escape! Book your getaway to the Highlands with a stay at the Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa. Book your Hot Spring Break or check out our Seasonal Specials. Make sure to dine and sip your favourite tipple in the NEW Brasserie and Bar. Enjoy free car parking, free Wi-Fi and don’t forget the lovely leisure club, with prices from £36.95pppn based on 2 sharing a classic room. Remember #bookdirect for your best offers. Call our reservations team on 01463 22 32 43 or email us at Palace. We look forward to welcoming you soon!