The Past…& the Present
You will have plenty to enjoy when you are in Inverness here are just a selection of attractions you can enjoy in Inverness City Centre. Download the Free Inverness and Local Activity Guide on the right hand side of this page.
The Past to Present
From the past to the present you can visit the Highland Museum in Inverness city centre for a history of the city and the surrounding areas it is worth a walk round. Nearby is Inverness Castle used as a Courthouse or cross back over the river to St Andrews Cathedral. Just outside Inverness is Fort George a working Garrison which dates back just after the 1745 Battle of Culloden. Which links neatly to a visit the new National Trust for Scotland Culloden Battlefield Visitors Centre an excellent centre which brings to life the history and struggles of the time of the Battle of Culloden. The visitors centre focuses on living history and brings to life the battle. Well worth a visit. Remember Inverness Highland Games is on 20th July 2013. And the easy fun way to get round Inverness is to hop on and off the Inverness Sightseeing Bus.
Shop til you Drop
Inverness is modern bustling city with a great selection of shops for some retail therapy. There are just a few you can take advantage of the Eastgate Centre with department stores Debenhams & Marks & Spencers. Fashion stores include Zara, H&M, French Connection, Monsoon, Laura Ashley and La Senza. Or visit the Victorian Market for traditional small shops selling local produce from silvercraft to delicious handmade local belgian chocolates the market dates back to 1876 so worth a visit. There is also a great selection of local shops with visitors gifts around the town centre so make sure you walk round. New link for more on Shopping in Inverness and surrounding areas.
With family and friends…
If you are visiting with family and friends here is just a little list of some of the things you can do…
- Visit Floral Hall & Whin Park Boating Pond for a leisurely afternoon.
- Bogbain Farm – quad biking, clay pigeon shooting, archery and paintball – phone to book.
- Entertaining kids try the Roller Bowl, Inverness Ice Rink, Aqua Dome with Mini Golf or Play Zone for little ones soft play.
- There are a variety of Walking Tours around Inverness. You can enjoy an evening stroll along the River to Ness Islands or perhaps a stroll along the Canal.
- Enjoy a day at Nairn Beach or Fortrose & Rosemarkie Beach – all you need are your buckets and spades more info see Local area.
- Take the kids on a themed walks around Abriachan.
- Closer to the Palace is Whin Park including boating pond and train station for kids to have a train ride. Bellfield Park has a kids paddling pool.
- For theatre. comedy and all events see Eden Court Theatre and Ironworks
- For all Events see the Whats on Page & download the Summary Attraction Guide.